Middle Alabama Area Agency on Aging (M4A), one of Alabama’s 13 Area Agencies on Aging, created the Center for Elder Justice & Advocacy as one of its three Centers of Excellence under the M4A 4 ALL Foundation, 501 c 3 nonprofit organization, located in Shelby County, Alabama. Our other Centers of Excellence are the Center for Critical Needs and the Training for Aging Center. More information on all three centers can be found by visiting www.4allfoundation.org.
The mission of the Center for Elder Justice & Advocacy is to mobilize communities to prevent and properly respond to adult mistreatment so people can live with dignity, security, and independence as they age.
To meet the diverse elder justice needs of Alabama’s older adults through:
- Elder Justice Resource Center
- Victim & Elder Justice Support Services
- Professional & Community Training
- County Elder Justice Networks
- Caregiver & Adult Respite Program (Coming Soon)
- Temporary Emergency Shelter (Coming Soon)